How do men choose socks? (Chapter 1)
Socks are the second skin of men, and wearing the right custom socks on the right occasion is actually a matter of learning. The most important principle for men to wear socks is to emphasize the overall collocation. In many cases, the long trousers will cover the upper directly, and the existence of socks can only be seen inadvertently. At this time, its color, texture and cleanliness will provide a basis for scoring your taste. So, how should men choose socks?
- Pure cotton: Pure cotton socks are the best choice to wear on weekdays. 100% cotton material is usually not used to make socks for outdoor activities. Cotton absorbs sweat and is not easy to dry. Once the cloth gets wet, there is no temperature insulation, and it is not comfortable. It is easy to cause blisters on the feet.
- Silk: Silk men's socks are relatively rare in the market, but their elegant gloss and excellent comfort constitute the characteristics of high-grade men's socks. The only drawback is that the material of silk is not strong enough or wear-resistant.
- Hemp: In fact, among all natural materials, hemp has the best breathability. Hemp has natural antibacterial and bacteriostatic functions, and its moisture absorption and perspiration performance is superior to cotton and chemical fiber, so it gives people a "dry" and "cool" feeling. But socks containing more than 55% of hemp are rare in China.
- Cashmere: The thermal insulation of cashmere is very good. It is breathable and comfortable to wear in winter, but it will be more troublesome to clean. It requires a professional wool cleaning agent.
- Inner socks: The length of inner socks is mostly semi-long, the thickness is very thin, and the weight is the lightest. It must be worn on the innermost layer closest to the feet; these custom socks usually have good perspiration and comfort, which can make the feet are often kept dry; suitable size socks allow the feet to have a proper range of motion.
- Lightweight outdoor activity socks: suitable for walking in warm climates, simple trail walking or outings, and outdoor activities that require a small amount of exercise. These custom socks are thicker than inner socks, have better thermal insulation, are more wear-resistant, and of course have better cushioning functions; but because they are still very thin, they are more suitable for use in warm climate areas. Generally, these socks are made by blending, and the support and comfort are not bad. They can be worn alone or used with inner socks.
- Medium-weight outdoor socks: suitable for use in cold climates, can protect the feet from the outside temperature. Thickness and warmth are better than lightweight socks. Some brands of custom socks even increase the thickness of the socks in areas with greater impact, such as the heel and forefoot areas, to improve foot comfort. These socks should be worn together with inner socks.
- Mountaineering socks: Mountaineering socks are the thickest fabrics with the best cushioning properties. They are designed to meet long-distance travel, off-road hiking, and various activities under low temperature conditions. Because the thickness is too thick, it is not suitable for use in warm climates and easy hiking activities.