Baby Socks Material and Purchase Precautions
How to distinguish the baby cotton socks?
Identification of cotton socks: The composition of a sock is mainly composed of three parts: veil + bottom yarn + rubber band.
Socks are divided according to common raw materials: fabrics (including cotton, nylon, polyester, acrylic, polypropylene, polyester cotton, etc.); bottom yarns (including nylon, spandex, polyester, etc.). Pure cotton generally refers to the veil part (that is, whether the surface layer is pure cotton). Generally, cotton containing about 75% can be called pure cotton socks.
The bottom yarn generally refers to nylon, spandex, polyester, etc. The function of nylon, spandex, and polyester is to make cotton socks elastic, strong, and wear-resistant. Or used as decorative pattern material on socks. The physical feel of nylon, spandex, and polyester is like the silk of stockings, thick, elastic, and clumpy.
The way to correctly identify whether cotton socks are pure cotton is to identify the surface yarn, which is the cotton thread on the front of the sock (except for decorative patterns). It’s not that you grabbed a bunch of thread in the sock and burned it together.
That way, with the bottom yarn together, it will definitely be a lump if burned. It is only right to burn the surface yarn separately. The result of pure cotton is that it burns quickly after being ignited and lasts for a period. The cotton has very little powder ash.
Key points for choosing socks for babies
1. Short socks: The baby's feet are different from adults, without ankles, and the calves are very short and thick. A shortcut of the sock tube is sufficient.
2. Loose cuff: The elastic mouth of the socks should be wider, the elasticity is moderate, and the stretched sleeve will not stifle the baby's ankle.
3. Be more relaxed: leave space for the growth of the baby's feet, and it is not easy to break. Always cut your baby's toenails.
Notes on choosing baby socks
1. The material is tailored to the local conditions: cotton towel socks before toddlers are very suitable. During toddlers, cotton floor socks or plush socks are more suitable for babies in cold or cold areas and can keep warm.
2. Breathability and sweat absorption: The breathability and sweat absorption of socks are very important. They can promote skin breathing, deodorant, and moisture resistance, and prevent the growth of mold. The stockings have good breathability and the cotton socks have good sweat absorption. The baby socks can choose cotton and silk blending, which is both breathable and sweat absorbing.
3. Moderate elasticity: not only the size of the socks but also the elasticity of the waist of the socks. In order to prevent the baby from pedaling and causing the socks to fall off, some mothers choose those with tight socks or elastic bands to wrap on the ankles. This will affect blood circulation and is not recommended.
4. The front end of the socks is seamless: the front end of some socks is not continuously knitted, but stitched, which is extremely uncomfortable to the stimulation of the toes. Especially for babies wearing shoes, do not choose socks with front stitching. In addition, pay attention to trim off the thread in the socks.
5. The color should not be too fancy: the fancy color needs more dyes, which will contain lead and formaldehyde, and other harmful substances, which are harmful to the baby's growth and development. Especially small babies, often gnaw their own feet, which increases the risk of chronic poisoning.
We are a professional custom sock manufacturer, welcome to find us to custom socks. We can customize personalized socks, customized elite socks, etc.